1) I will sing the wondrous story
Of the Christ who died for me ;
How He left His home in glory,
For the cross on Calvary.
Yes, I’ll sing . . . the wondrous story
Of the Christ . . . who died for me
Sing it with . . . the saints in glory,
Gathered by . . . the crystal sea
2) I was lost ; but Jesus found me —
Found the sheep that went astray ;
Threw His loving arms around me,
Drew me back into His way.
3) I was bruised : but Jesus healed me —
Faint was I from many a fall ;
Sight was gone, and fears possessed me :
But He freed me from them all.
4) Days of darkness still come o’er me ;
Sorrow’s paths I often tread ;
But the Saviour still is with me,
By His hand I’m safely led.
5) He will keep me till the river
Rolls its waters at my feet ;
Then He’ll bear me safely over,
Where the loved ones I shall meet.